Monday, March 12, 2012

Telling the Parentals



We made a trip to mom and dad's this past weekend to tell them the big news. Of course, we disguised it by telling them we wanted to come for a visit and to celebrate all the March birthdays in our family. Mine, Heath's, Dad's, my great grandmother's...just to name a few. We have lots of March birthdays. This made Dad's present easy this year! I had some shirts embroidered with "Honey Bear" and "Papa Bear" since my parents will be Honey and Papa (we think!). I ordered some cute books The Ultimate Guide to Grandmas and Grandpas by Sally Lloyd Jones and Grandma, Grandpa, and Me by Mercer Mayer. I had the sonogram framed with an arrow pointing to the little sea monkey that said "Monty's Grandbaby". I also had made my sister "Aunt" t-shirts. Unfortunately Emily could come, so I texted her shirt to her later and called her. She freaked out :)
I videoed their reaction. It was pretty funny. My poor sister was in shock and I'm pretty sure we threw dad for a loop as well. Mom's reaction was spot on...."Amanda Marie!!" Haha classic.

We sent Heath's parents an Anniversary card with a sonogram picture in it. His mom called while we were on our way back to Brenham. She was on her way to Kohl's. This is the picture she texted me later on that night.....


No matter that we aren't even close to knowing the sex yet. "30% off!" She said. It's safe to say she is pretty excited as well.

It's nice that SOMEONE else knows now! It's getting harder to keep it to ourselves now. This Thursday is my next appointment and after that I'll feel better about making it public.

I'm in no way showing yet. So I'm still not motivated to take a before picture. I haven't gained any weight, I've actually lost a pound or so. Probably from not really wanting to eat a lot and cutting out Dr. Pepper and trying to eat better. That's really the hardest part for me! I have always had an aversion to anything healthy.... Time to get over that!!

So, I'm 9 weeks and 2 days. Looking forward to actually having a real baby belly instead of bloat. Haha Although, it hasn't been too bad lately. Still haven't puked, so I'm glad for that. And if I keep something in my stomach I can ward off the nausea. But let me warn you, if I'm hungry, this girl better get something NOW. Not in 5 minutes.... you whip it into Sonic and let me get a Jr Burger or SOMETHIN! It gets pretty serious. Then I usually can't finish whatever I order. Dang, that's frustrating. Oh the joys :)

No comments:

Post a Comment