Since I posted last, a lot has happened and I don't even remember what I was going to post here...but 2 weekends ago my mom and sister came into town for Norah's first shower. We drove into Katy to look for fabric for her dedication dress. Found some pretty vintagey looking lace and accents. My Mamaw is going to make her a dress that I hope will resemble this one:
It's from this beautiful website where I can not justify spending that much money on a dress she will wear once. Regardless of how much they resemble wedding dresses, this is not her wedding... but I do know my Mamaw is a good enough seamstress that she can make one just as delicate and sweet.
Norah had a great shower. The ladies at the church did a really good job and there were tons of presents. I opened for an hour and a half! Needless to say, I was wore out by the time I got home. Here are a few photos from the event.



The grandmas and aunts!
My girl!
Heath also worked on Norah's closet that weekend. While me and mom and sis were out shopping, he finished painting stripes :) This is after he got it all finished this past weekend.
Also, the same weekend of the shower, we had our maternity session by Paige Meyer
Kinda different being in FRONT of the camera :) And not seeing what is going on behind it!
Norah's next shower is in Austin on Saturday. Excited to see what all she gets. But I really need to get everything put up from her last shower! I'm going to be so overwhelmed when it all gets put in her little room. There is already no floor space in there!
Okay and now for the official 35 weeks photo...yes I know I totally skipped weeks 31-34. Are we surprised?? This one was taken on the run as we were headed swimming. I now finally have a maternity swimsuit thanks to a good friend. It's so cute too!
How far along? 35 Weeks and 3 days
Maternity clothes? I finally have some maternity t-shirts thanks the the same friend who gave me the swimsuit. They are way more comfy and stay down in the front a lot better! I still wear some of my non-maternity shirts tho.
Stretch marks? Getting a couple spots that look like they may end up as stretch marks :(
Best moment this week: Seeing the look on people's faces when they see/feel her move. Especially little kids. They are in awe!
Miss Anything? Not having to pee all. the. time.
Movement: Lots of rolling around going on
Food cravings: Just something sweet from time to time.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope
Have you started to show yet: Norah has obviously made her presence more prominent than last week because I got a lot of attention at church on Sunday!
Gender: Girl!
Labor Signs: Just good ole practice contractions.
Belly Button in or out? Half in, half out.
Wedding rings on or off? With this heat? Safer off than on...
Happy or Moody most of the time: Depends. I can get pretty irritable!
Weekly Wisdom: If Norah was born now she would have a good chance of being born without developmental problems. Which makes me feel better.
Looking forward to: Our ultrasound next Wednesday. I'm ready to see if everything is still okay in there and that she is where she should be weight and size-wise. I really don't want any "surprise! your due date is sooner than we thought!" things going on...





















No comments:
Post a Comment