Well kids, the countdown has started. 16 more days until Norah's due date. 16 MORE DAYS?! WHAT?? I haven't thought of it that way yet.... *deep breath* and we're back. Her nursery is finally starting to come together. Hopefully the next post will be photos of a finished nursery (hopefully...). We got her glider in and the area rug. The dresser is painted and full of stuff already. Mostly stuff I don't know where to put at this moment. I need to wash some of her newborn clothes, pack the hospital bags (oh Lord....), get a changing mat to go on her dresser, yipes! There is still a ton of stuff she needs before she gets here. I've got a list a mile long of things still on her registry. Necessary things, not cute, fun things. Thankfully, we got in the stroller/car seat combo. So they will let us bring her home...that's good. But what we will do with her once we get her here...idunno. I'm feeling pretty clueless at this point. I thought I knew but now...nope. I don't know what to do with another person in my home, especially one who can't do anything for herself! I'm sure once I have her and she's in my arms something magical happens and ta da! I suddenly have all this great knowledge about babies and being a parent. That's how it happens, right? RIGHT?? Oh gosh, let's get on to the 37th week photo before I have a panic attack.....
How far along? 37 weeks, 5 days (almost 38!!)
Total weight gain/loss: Oh Lord...I gained 2 pounds in a week! I've never weighed this much in my life...
Maternity clothes? Yes but I'm getting tired of wearing them. I have to wear the same jeans all the time. Boring. I did wear my skinny jeans the other day with the belly band. Kinda nice to change it up a bit, but that darn belly band likes to roll up on me.
Stretch marks? Unfortunately yes. Just a few though.
Sleep: Up every 2 hours on average. Guess my body is preparing me for those crazy nights!
Best moment this week: Not having to be "checked" at the doctor's appointment. (I was really not looking forward to that after last week!
Miss Anything? My brain.
Movement: Yep. I can tell she's getting cramped. I'm pretty certain I felt her hands or arms move today. It was such a tiny movement near where her head is.
Food cravings: Just always thirsty and I always want ICE water.
Anything making you queasy or sick: No
Have you started to show yet: I feel like a whale 99.9% of the time
Gender: Girl for sure! We had another sonogram last week to check her measurements and it was confirmed again, much to my relief!
Labor Signs: Those Braxton Hicks are getting a little more intense but still no pain with them. Just discomfort. I'm waiting for the accompanying pain. I just know it will happen when I least expect it!
Belly Button in or out? It's pretty much out now.
Wedding rings on or off? Still off
Happy or Moody most of the time: Pretty much still the same, but I cry a lot more easily.
Weekly Wisdom: Hmm... can't think of anything I learned this week. My brain is pretty much mush.
Looking forward to: Being passed the birth and finding a new normal with our little one. If there is such a thing!
Heath and I had a great time on our "babymoon" to Fredricksburg. It was a neat little town full of fun shops and things to look at and eat! We ate a lot....Heath even tried chocolate covered bacon. Ick. We stayed at a charming B&B and even treated ourselves to a massage. We also went out to Enchanted Rock but didn't stay long because someone had to find a bathroom.......I'm sure you can guess who that was!
We drove out to the Johnson Ranch. This was the little school house there.
Here are a few photos from her shower in Austin. The ladies did an awesome job with every little detail.
My sweet husband braved all the estrogen and attended this shower :)
The hostesses





















No comments:
Post a Comment